Shocked and Amazed

But mostly GRATEFUL!!

It was a blissfully quiet evening yesterday - spent watching a few minutes of the news broadcast (just enough to get the weather report). Then it was time to curl up with a good book and perhaps gain some knowledge in the process. Or at the very least, read a book that would provide a wonderful escape form this world into one of adventure and imagination.

The neighbors were mowing their lawn - the steady hum of which provided one of those pleasant summer sounds as a backdrop. I thought to myself that come Saturday morning I too would be pushing a lawnmower around the yard (not one of my favorite tasks - but a necessary evil chore nonetheless).

After a good night of rest, imagine my amazement and shock this morning when upon walking out the front door what did I see? A clean-cut recently mowed lawn met my slightly bewildered eyes!! Yup, you guessed... it wasn't my neighbors lawn being mowed yesterday evening... it was MINE!!

To whomever provided this gift of service most gratefully received - I say Thank You!! Somehow those two simple words do not seem like enough - but until I discover the source of the kindness, it will have to do.

There are angels living in my neighborhood.

2 comments:

  1. Can I have your mysterious mowers descend on my yard? The grass nibbling dogs aren't making a difference. And I'm being scalped by a 13 year old. When did 13-year-olds have to 'make a living' (imagine that with a for-crying-out-loud-lady whine).

    Do you think I can harnass the infinite power of squirrels and chipmunks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking maybe a couple of goats may be the answer to your lawn problems!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete