|Have I... chosen wisely?|
What have I been up to this past month? An
Please note that going off of medications of any kind is *not* for everyone - so please don't change what you are doing merely because someone you know (virtually or for reals) is doing it. Also with many medical situations it is not advisable to discontinue using medications. One simple analogy that might make sense... it’s not a good idea for a diabetic to stop using insulin.
This is a decision that I arrived at only after...
- careful consideration and research of all consequences (both the good and bad)
- consulting with a qualified medical professional (many meds require careful tapering of dosages... cold turkeying it is *not* advised)
- continuing to work with a qualified (and awesome) counselor - who is supportive of my choice to take this path
- telling a few close friends about this choice, and asking them to keep an eye on me (just in case)
- and most important, in my book at least, asking my Bishop (ecclesiastical leader) for a priesthood blessing (because important journeys should always include inviting God to be your co-pilot - and life in general is an important journey!)
Completion of the medication taper will not be final until October 7th, one month exactly after starting. In future posts I will attempt to explain some of my multitude of reasons behind this choice - and provide updates on how I am doing.