Rotating

It is the simple things in life that we tend to take for granted. For example: sleeping, sitting, standing, walking, or even just getting dressed in the morning. But, when one of your appendages has received an injury - a whole new experience in pain accompanies simple tasks once taken for granted. Yes, I have been the recipient of such an injury... an inflamed left rotator cuff.

The good news is that it only hurts when I move that shoulder. The bad news is that one cannot go throughout the entire day (or night) without moving the shoulder. Thank goodness for anti-inflammatory drugs - and even greater thanks that it is only inflamed, and not torn (which would require surgery).

But the human body is adaptable so that things can be accomplished using slightly different methods. It also provides the world's best excuse to not do certain yard work tasks!! I only hope I don't get too used to the enforced laziness - after all my yard doesn't have far to go before it descends into total weed dominated anarchy.

4 comments:

  1. I agree, you make a good point. I don't think I've ever thought of rotating my shoulder as being a blessing. Well, don't be afraid to ask my brother for help in your yard if your rotator cuff takes longer than necessary to heal. But, then again, dandelions are flowers too . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe better living through LEGAL pharmaceuticals! Between the drugs and a sling, the entire young men's organization can be yours for a pitiful "Oooouch!". Work it! The boys will grow like the weeds invading the yard and be better for the experience.

    Your Evil Twin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if you want to feel better about your yard you need only glance over the fence to MY "total weed dominated anarchy."
    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with letting the YM help you out. Their mothers will thank you for giving them the opportunity to serve! It's funny how a shoulder owie can cause so much chaos...I have an old vacuuming injury from high school that still gives me problems! ;o) Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete