Health news

Good news

I've been taking an additional medication to help with depression, and now I'm more upbeat than I've been in literally years (not quite sure how to handle this!!). What is this "miracle drug" you ask? Nothing spectacular, only a form of folic acid that my body can actually utilize. Deplin is the brand name - L-methylfolate is the important ingredient. For specifics, visit the Deplin website. For more personal information on this, visit Melanie at Methodical Musings of an Unbalanced Woman. She is much better versed on the topic than I am... I just know it seems to be working for me!! Thanks Melanie for letting me know about it!!

Bad news

Two weeks ago today, I had a clumsy accident. Me versus a cement staircase... guess who won? Hit my knee square on the front edge of a stair - ouch!! - and did a stunning tweak of my neck and arm. Tension headaches, migraines, aches, pains, and a nice limp (especially when climbing stairs)! Knee x-rays show no evidence of fracture... yippie!! But they do show... "minor patellar spur formation, and mild lateral patellar subluxation". From my point of view, this basically means painful knee for weeks (if not months).

Good news

My doctor told me to go get a good deep massage for my neck and arm. Sometimes it is just soooo difficult to obey the doctor's orders... HA!! Have an appointment setup for tomorrow afternoon (not soon enough for me!!). Thanks Admin Gal for convincing me to finally go see a doctor (convincing/threatening = same thing!!).

4 comments:

  1. Nice - 2 pieces of good news + 1 piece of bad news = positive energy. Oh yeah. Good luck with your UNFORTUNATE appointment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome lady. I am SO SO SO happy it seems to be working for you,. It's nice to feel good, isn't it.

    About your accident....OUCH! NO FUN! I'm sorry. Hopefully it will get better sooner than later. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that there's more good news than bad! Enjoy your massage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy to hear your good news. I hope that you continue to find improvement. Please continue to keep us updated. We're praying for you.

    I'm so sorry to hear about your bad news. That does not sound fun. Any injury involving the knee is never a pleasant recovery. Best of luck for a quick recovery on that one.

    We're all cheering for you.

    ReplyDelete