More randomness

Am thinking this "Random 5 Friday" is a good thing... it is at least getting me on my blog and writing again!! Thank you shout-out to my blogging friend, Tina, for bringing this weekly "random fun" with A Rural Journal to my attention!!
  1. Been thinking a lot about my Mom this week. She had an infectious laugh. Even if you didn't know her, when she laughed everyone in the room just had to join in! Really missing everything about her, especially the sound of her voice and the unconditional love and support that was so freely given.
  2. Toying with the idea of maybe buying a motorcycle (emphasis on the "maybe"). Hard to justify a purchase like that because I would not be able to use it much of the year, thanks to cold weather in the late Fall, all Winter, and early Spring. Well there's that and the whole helmet wearing bad hair thing. Oh and I also don't really possess any skills, or even basic know-how, for operating a motorbike. But they do get fabulous gas mileage!
  3. Never to my knowledge have I ever been a "morning person". In fact, I simply hate mornings. My brain really does not begin functioning until around 10 or 11 a.m. (and caffeine of any type is not an option, thanks to it making me quite physically ill). Of course depression, for me, can only exacerbate the whole ugly morning scenario. There are many many days where I'm honestly just doing good to get out of bed. That being said, must admit that I have been privileged to see a few truly spectacular sunrises in my lifetime. Too bad they occur so darn early!!
  4. Found out earlier this week why Easter occurs at different times, anywhere from March into April every year. It is the first Sunday - after the first full moon - after the Vernal Equinox (aka: first day of Spring). Guess I never really thought about that before. Now we are all just a little bit more knowledgeable and prepared to amaze others with the amount of somewhat useless information stored in the brain!
  5. This week I bought yet another book to read... because reading around five of them at the same time apparently just wasn't enough! What am I reading, you ask? Even if you didn't ask - I'm going to tell you anyway!!
It can take me longer to finish books than maybe an average person, because I keep hopping from one to the other and back again! Yes, I do finish reading them (eventually)... in fact this past year I finished these most excellent books...
  • Let It Go: A True Story of Tragedy and Forgiveness, by Chris Williams
  • Running with Angels: The Inspiring Journey of a Woman Who Turned Personal Tragedy into Triumph over Obesity, by Pamela H. Hansen
  • Reaching for Hope: An LDS Perspective on Recovering from Depression, by Meghan Decker
It is interesting what you can learn about a person from what they choose to read. What have you learned about me from this list of books?

6 comments:

  1. I think I already knew all that I would have gotten from your book list.

    What does that say about me? My books list is insane. Ha ha ha.

    Love the random posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out, Becky, and so glad you joined the link. I'm having fun with it.

    Wow, a motorcycle. That could be exciting! I'm too chicken to try to ride one, but people who ride seem to love it!

    I read at least 2 books at a time, too. Always have, even as a child.

    Your book list makes me think you're interested in the spiritual life and in learning more about it. Thank you for including your list--I love finding out about new books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Don't forget to go to Nancy's A Rural Journal and link up with the Random 5 so others can find you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for joining in at R5F this week -- so neat to learn more about you!

    Maybe instead of a motorcycle -- how about a motor scooter? My hubby has a shovelhead parked in the garage we haven't ridden in years. I bet I would get some use out of a scooter though! Just a thought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. would be fun to have a motorcycle. not sure about other folks on the roads though. maybe going some where that was just you riding around. ( :

    take care. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What did I learn about you? Well, we share a love for books for sure. What your wrote about your mom's laugh was very tender..lovely. Oh and you are adventurous..aka the motorcycle.

    ReplyDelete