Idontcare-itis

This past week I have come down with a serious case of Idontcare-itis. A fairly common ailment that can often occur in conjunction with depression. The layman's definition of this might be... "it doesn't really matter anyway, so why care?"

One side effect of Idontcare-itis is a lack of interest in pretty much anything and everything. This could be a key factor behind why I really do not have much to blog about this week... except perhaps that right now I don't care that I don't care.

You might want to get yourself vaccinated - so you don't risk catching it from me! And wearing a surgical mask might help protect you from the Idontcare-itis germs (plus you would look so cute wearing one!!)

2 comments:

  1. I have suffered from idontcareitis from both a negative and positive perspective.

    While in the depths of depression...it was negative. Always drove me to feel even more unhappy because i didn't care about anyone or anything and didn't care that i didnt care about anyone or anything.

    Now I suffer from a completely different case. I don't care what anyone else cares or what anyone else does. I'm me. I do things because I want to...because I think it's best for me or my family. And I don't care to do things that others "think" I should be doing. Make sense?

    I hope you recover soon.

    Love,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care-itis! I love the term! I understand that feeling and sometimes it seems to take a little while to work through...especially when dealing with depression.

    You are a wonderful writer, even when you have I don't care-itis. Please continue sharing that gift!

    ReplyDelete