Random 5 Friday: my to-do list

Time for yet another "Random 5 Friday" -
joining with A Rural Journal once again!

1. Get to bed earlier at night

This is difficult for me to achieve most nights - because even though I love love love the sweet oblivion sleep can bring... I also hate going to bed when I'm not exhausted. Huh? When I'm exhausted, and falling asleep in my chair, then it means getting to sleep will not take extra time. That's time spent thinking about the day's failings, and tomorrow's anxieties. But not getting to bed earlier does make it SO much more difficult to drag myself out of bed in the morning (yeah, because someone with depression finds that easy to do... NOT!). Better sleeping habits, as I understand it, can help cope with depression - so it's worth yet another attempt to get a "normal" night's sleep.

2. Take time away from the computer to catch up on reading

My reading stack of books (listed in a previous post) is continuing to grow! Yes, I added yet another book to the mix just this week (heaven help me, it's an addiction!). Am feeling a bit overwhelmed with how many books I am reading right now - and very frustrated that I am apparently unable to focus on just one book for any great length of time. So different than when I was younger.

3. Take inventory

There are five very large boxes of things (mostly clothing that is too big for me now), sitting in my living room. Waiting for me to load my car up, and drop it all off at the local Deseret Industries thrift store. But before that can happen every item must be documented. There's an online app called It's Deductible, where for me all items donated get recorded. Why? So that at the beginning of next year filing my taxes will be made more simple - especially the section for deductions. The boxes have been sitting there for just over two months... patiently waiting for me to get busy.

4. Clean my bathroom

Not that my bathroom is "filthy" - no no no!! Simply stated: I absolutely abhor cleaning that room - so it sometimes gets put off a little bit longer than it should. Why do I hate cleaning it so much? Not really certain, but suspect it might have something to do with the 35-year-old 4x4 white tile with white grout everywhere (along with white tub, white sink, and white toilet - what were my parents thinking?). It just makes the endeavor seem so futile! Once finished, it's time to start at the beginning. Again. Or maybe it's a job I had as a teenager cleaning a bathroom for this lady who was never satisfied. Ever. Or perhaps it's as straightforward as "pure laziness" on my part. Guess it depends on the day which one of these is true!

5. Participate in 8-hours total of Church meetings this weekend!

This weekend marks what members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (aka: Mormons) call... General Conference. It happens twice a year - the first weekends of April and October - and has been happening for 183 years now! This is something I really really look forward to every six months... receiving gospel truths and instruction from the mouths of honest to goodness Prophets and Apostles! On Saturday, I will stay home and watch it broadcast on television (2-hours in the morning, followed by 2 additional hours in the afternoon). But on Sunday I am honored to personally be in attendance (along with about 20,000 other people in each of the two sessions) at the Conference Center in downtown Salt Lake City!

So these are five of my "must-do's"... but have a sneaky suspicion that many some will be summarily set aside, as I set a higher priority on going for a walk, or riding my bike! You know, those things found on my "wanna-do" list!

Well, except for #5 - because that is BOTH a "must" and "wanna" item!!!

Have you ever wondered what Mormons are taught 
in church, or at General Conference?
I'll give you a hint: Jesus IS the Christ!!
All are welcome... please come listen!!

Come listen to living prophets

8 comments:

  1. Do they do a conference like this in other cities? One of the ladies that attends the Bible Study I go to on Tuesdays was talking about going to this as she and her husband are Morman. She mentioned having to travel to a special place but I didn't think it was all the way to Salt Lake City.
    I don't like cleaning bathrooms either. We had that tile in our bathroom in Texas and it is a bugger to clean so I don't blame you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krystal - you do not need to be in Salt Lake to "attend" General Conference. It is broadcast via satellite to certain local Mormon chapels... or it can be watched via the internet, or even on cable television in your own home.

    I am fortunate that my Aunt has tickets to attend in person on Sunday, and invited me to come with her! Plus the fact that I live in a suburb of Salt Lake City makes it even more convenient to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way about going to bed--if I'm not totally tired, I put off going, then I stay up too late and don't want to get up in the morning. I've finally decided that I really need to work on having a regular, 7-day-a-week sleep routine. I just haven't done it yet! :-)

    I hear you on cleaning the bathrooms. My least favorite chore too.

    Enjoy the Conference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great must dos. I'm behind on reading too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo! I have a huge addiction to books too. I try to limit myself to reading only two at the same time these days though. My attention span isn't what it used to be, and i have an issue with anxiety/panic attacks. Limiting my reading was something i felt i had to do, otherwise my anxiety would increase. (I cut out watching a lot of TV news for the same reason.)

    And i agree about cleaning the bathroom. Really, who likes to do it? Blech! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have to be in the mood to clean. i enjoy things in their place. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a fan of cleaning bathrooms either... :)

    Thank you for sharing at R5F this week dear. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wondered if anyone would remember the little purple pansies song! You were the first one.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete