5 random things


Today I decided to join "Random 5 Friday" in conjunction with another blog, a rural journal. It's my first time doing this - hopefully it will become a weekly event!
  1. After almost two months living in the dark pit of a seemingly never ending battle with depression, I am finally (and for reals) coming out of it!! How can I tell? When I stop being envious upon hearing someone has passed away - and start having interest and excitement in things, events, and life in general again!! (hoping this time I can keep my head above the surface... light and air is a good thing)
  2. Had a LASIK "touch-up" (basically a re-do of last year's surgery) on my left eye this week. At the next day follow-up appointment, was told I am once again sitting at 20/20 vision!!
  3. Went clothes shopping after that appointment, to celebrate - and to keep up with replacing my entire wardrobe. Spring is here... turtlenecks and sweaters hopefully won't be needed for too much longer! Buying new clothes is the most expensive part about losing weight, but it's fun too (especially shopping in "normal size" stores)!
  4. In January I sent some "before and after" photos of my weight loss to friends at work. Forgot one of them works in Public Relations, DOH!! Was asked if he could write something in the corporate newsletter about my success - and here is a link to that story (hope the link works for you). Good thing about this... gives me more motivation to maintain the weight!!
  5. It is now Spring, but obviously from the blizzard outside this morning, we are experiencing "second winter". Honestly, I would much prefer "second breakfast" to winter!! Bahahahaha!!

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your Random 5 and glad you linked up, too!

    I read the story from your job--it's great! You gave such wise advice--to do more today than yesterday. That is doable and sensible, and something we can all aspire to. You look great!

    I had Lasik surgery, too, 10 years ago, and I had to have a touch-up a year later on one eye. It was like a miracle, because I had been so near-sighted. I did have to start using reading glasses--age related. And I think my near-sightedness has gone back a bit. May some day need glasses again. But it's better than it used to be!

    I'm glad you're starting to feel better, and I hope and pray it will continue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your amazing transformation, Becky. That takes alot of will power and determination. Well done!

    Thanks so much for sharing your 5 facts today. Very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm confused by the weather around here in VA. snow is in the forecast again this weekend into the begin of next week. we will see.

    stay warm. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  4. he he he....random. Love it.

    Heard you guys were "enjoying" more snow. We are free and clear here (although) we did have a bit of a hail storm today.

    Spring is on it's way. I'm so happy you are, once again, blooming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You have lost just a bit more than my actual goal! I have lost 20 pounds so far, and still have a long way to go, but I am determined to do it this year! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete