No, really

Nothing much happening in my life which to write about lately, hence the protracted blog absence.

There are no delicious recipes to share (am a horrible cook).

No clever DIY projects to talk about (not that skilled/creative).

And no cute family antics/photos to share (first requirement for that is to actually have a family).

Truth be known, I lead a very prosaic and common life. But I repeat myself. According to the online thesaurus, those two words, "prosaic" and "common", are synonyms. Those along with... boring, mundane, drab, ordinary, and vapid. And that fairly sums up my life.

Okay, there might be something I could possibly dredge up - but it's pretty much a cyclical repeat of the past few years. Yup, once again this past month (or more) found myself in depression's grasp. Interesting thing about depression - it can come and go with a timetable all its own. It's on the way out now, leaving behind a lingering lack of interest in most everything. Sigh... don't worry, that too will pass. Eventually.

We now return you to your regular, and way more interesting, internet activities.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you've been caught in a depression episode. The cycles really do come and go on there own timetable. It's frustrating. I know I'm ready to be done with it! I am coming out of an episode, too, so I hear you. I think the lack of interest in anything is one of the hardest things to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are back writing and glad you are on your way out of a depressive episode. I still have struggles with OCD, but depression has eluded me for many years and your post reminded me of how devastating that "lack of interest in anything" feels. I remember loved ones, who were so badly trying to help me, would throw out suggestions of things for me to get out and do to improve my mood, but it took everything for me to just get out of bed and brush my teeth so taking a walk or going to the museum was like asking me to rocket to the moon. Hard to explain that to someone who has never battled depression. So happy you are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are pleasantly interesting friend. I'm very very glad things are starting to look up.

    ReplyDelete