Thou gorbellied folly-fallen giglet

Last week was supposed to be a fun adventure-filled trip to Cedar City, Utah - where I would attend the yearly Shakespeare Festival. The tickets were purchased back in April in high anticipation of attending this event - yet alas twas not to be.

Instead I spent my week of vacation at home - a "staycation" if you will. Not a bad way to spend time off work, but I did feel badly about backing out of the trip and making family members take the journey without me. But please don't think of me as a roguish pottle-deep moldwarp (or some other Shakespeare-ish type of unpleasant being). They had fun even if not graced with my scintillating presence. There were a multitude of reasons why I did a staycation this year - and it was actually not all that bad.

I spent most of the week in a productive way. I obtained multiple bids from various companies to put a roof and siding on my new back porch. The roof is now in place - and photos will be posted when the siding is finally installed in a few weeks from now.

I also spent an entire 11-hour day sorting through all the paperwork and accumulated items in my Dad's den. It's been three years now since he passed away - so it was about time I did something about it. I filled the recycle garbage can with shredded papers and such - then organized or disposed of the rest. It was amazing some of the things I discovered - among the clutter were many treasured items (which of course I kept).

Tasks like this make one step back and consider all the clutter we accumulate in our own lives and homes. If I were to die tomorrow - I do not envy the person who must go through all of my possessions. Perhaps it is time to make my home a "house of order" - to scale down to the necessities and eliminate clutter from my life. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about our clutter. But we are, ever so slowly, getting rid of stuff, stuff, stuff. Sorry you missed out on the Shakespeare Festival. :(

    ReplyDelete