A pocket full

Ring around the rosy
A pocket full of posies
Ashes, Ashes
We all fall down!



How many times have I looked at another person, and thought that their problems and adversities in life are much easier when compared to my own? Then later discover the reality of their struggles, which before were unseen and unknown... and wonder how they ever endure such difficulties.

We all carry with us a pocket full of unique problems (versus a pocket full of posies). I firmly believe that God will never give us more than we can handle. He knows my weaknesses and strengths, and also my limits and potential. At the same time I often wonder if God simply believes I am strong enough to handle it - and where the heck did He ever get that idea from? Hahahaha!

What if everyone were able to lay all our problems out on a table - and I was given a choice of which person's pocket full of problems I would want to have? Think I would quickly pick up my own problems again, with gratitude in my heart for all the things I do not contend with. If we carefully look around someone will always have it worse than we do - worse health, worse relationships, worse living conditions, etc.

This thought does not make it easier to deal with my own problems and life tests - which can often be an overwhelming burden. But it does help me to look at them as being more of a long-term blessing than an insurmountable obstacle. Some problems come as a result of choices made (choices of our own, and/or those of others) - but all are there to teach and better prepare for what lies ahead in this life and in the next. I have been given, we all have been given, weaknesses so that God can turn them into strengths (Ether 12:27). It is my prayer that when we "all fall down" we will reach out, and help each other to get back up again. We are stronger than we think!

4 comments:

  1. A truly beautiful post! You have much wisdom here. I love your analogy of laying out all our problems and choosing the ones we would want--I'd want to keep my own, too, I think. And may we all reach out to others when they fall down, and may others reach out to help us when we fall. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post, in many cases I may keep my own problems compared to others. We do seem to think some people have perfect lives when everyone has a battle at some time in their life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful post friend. And yes, I would take my own trials over someone else's. You see...mine are tailor made for ME. To become who God wants ME to become. To reach MY potential. Sometimes I just don't like waiting.

    I've been in a particularly FOUL mood these last few days. Thanks for reminding me that I have much to be grateful for.

    Love,
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the upbeat comment on my blog! On the good side, I remembered my cooktop is still under warranty so I'm hoping to get a new one.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete