Mobius

Mobius Strip
Pete 'n Repeat went out to play,
Pete drowned, who was saved?
Repeat.
Pete 'n Repeat went out to play,
Pete drowned, who was saved?
Repeat...

Have you ever thought you were caught moving along life somehow trapped by seemingly repeating the same (or very similar) scenes over and over again? Yes, my life is stuck in a time loop - but with a half twist creating a never ending convoluted path (otherwise known as a Mobius Strip).

What lessons should I have learned by now (but obviously have not), that keep me repetitively walking along this long narrow strip? Even conversations with others (in person or written) appear to be somewhat patterned and cyclical in nature.

This life is a time to prepare, a time for growth and learning - to expand horizons beyond internal (but very real) fears - to reach out to grasp the blessings and greatness God intends for His children. The first step is to recognize what God would have me learn (something not easily done when depression is involved). But I have faith there is a way... and so will start with the four steps for effective scripture study outlined in an article I rediscovered again today... The Battle in Our Brains.

Now I need to get myself a notepad!!


Update: it has come to my attention that the link provided above may or may not be functioning properly. Thanks to a dear friend's awesome internet searching skills... here's another link to this same content! If the first link doesn't work, try this one!! The Battle in Our Brains

3 comments:

  1. That's interesting...I think my testimony is like a mobius strip--I'm moving forward but not necessarily getting anywhere. I need to break out of that rut! (although post-partum depression doesn't make that easy) Thanks for this post! And good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right we do keep going round and round it seems not grasping the lessons we need and so repeating them endlessly. I like to take a lesson from my son Adam...he tries to do something that scares him to death at least once a week. No not jumping off buildings...but things like sharing his testimony. Performing in front of people, asking someone on a date...I think if we always press ourselves with good goals it kind of helps with that...Now the problem is actually doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh....I like. Who would have thought of that (suggestion #4). Just what I need.

    Also...I love the description of the brain. It just makes so much sense to me. Once I understand things I am FAR more likely to be able to fight it. Ha....thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete