Welcome home

cracked and broken
shattered on the inside
bandage on the out

obscured view haunted by unknown
pained and frightened
faltering sinking into darkness

make it go away please
teach me a different way please
help me escape please


dearest child

it is for but a small moment
thou wilt emerge triumphant
stronger on the other side

the entire journey thou art
cradled in the palm of my hand
for I have graven thee there

sing the song of redeeming joy
free from pain at last
welcome home

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Truthful. What are you feeling today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I love the picture of the egg with the bandaid. We just got to make it through the hard times and the joy will follow.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! The pictures go so well with your words.

    ReplyDelete