Bubble left of center

The other morning while driving to work, that thought which has frittered away in the back of my mind for decades burst itself to the full conscious level.

Can’t quite put my finger on it, but I know there is something wrong with me - disconnected and off balance - you might say I am a “bubble just left of center”.

Some might think this indicates "uniqueness”.  Maybe so, but in a dissociative way (distorted and unreal) - kind of like I’m trapped in an MC Escher drawing with no visible way out.

At least his two dimensional drawings (sincerely attempting to be three dimensions, all the while messing with your brain) are located somewhere outside of the box I used to live in. Numbly I go through the motions and activity of life, and think I might be getting somewhere - only to seemingly start over again, and again... caught in a loop.

I have been asked to teach a women’s class (Relief Society) at church this coming Sunday. I love teaching, and honestly look forward to these rare opportunities... but for some reason this time my stomach is all tied up in knots. Probably due to the lesson topic: Rescuing Yourself. How can I lead a discussion with others about rescue, when I do not knowingly find it in my own life? Experience indicates that the teacher usually learns more than the student - hopefully it will prove true this time as well. But inside I just want to pull the covers over my head, sleep, hide, and maybe cry.

4 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you've been asked to do something--teaching--that you enjoy. I found when I was teaching that I learned as I prepped for class. And you don't have to know everything about a subject to teach it--you just share what you've learned and continue to learn. Good luck and enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheesh, I really wish I were going to be there on Sunday! Unfortunately, prior engagements take precedence... :( But I wish you the best of luck! And I'm still planning on seeing you Saturday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about you today. Missing your loving kindness. Then I realized I have been absent from the blogging world for too long. I had to come see you. :) Here's what I think:

    Sleep, hide, and have a VERY VERY GOOD CRY. Then, kneel down and talk to your Heavenly Father. Ask him for guidance, wisdom and direction. Then ponder. You are far more amazing than you give yourself credit for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. my friend- i have always been one bubble off- and truly enjoyed that space! My teaching has always taught me so much. i know you truly love the Lord so let him help you in you learning the lesson you are teaching. we need to touch- when you are able i am there. :) xoxoxxo smb

    ReplyDelete